FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC/PEAK CAR – Brandon – 2023
The City of Brandon is currently accepting applications from qualified firefighters who are interested in applying for the Brandon Fire and Emergency Services Firefighter/Paramedics Short List.
- must be 18 years of age or older
- must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- must be fluent in the English language
- completed Grade 12, GED, or Mature Student
- must have completed all mandatory qualifications
- possess a valid Class 4 with air endorsement Province of Manitoba driver’s license
- driving record acceptable to Department standards
- Possess current CPAT letter. Due to limited access to CPAT Testing, we will accept job
applications without a current CPAT Certificate; please be aware that prior to an offer of
employment being made, candidates must produce a current CPAT certificate within date
- meet vision and hearing standards
Complete competition details and forms are available in the Applicant Handbook which may be obtained:
1. On the City website at https://jobbank.brandon.ca/AvantiCareerConnector/Job/Details/220072 you will find the link titled “Applicant Handbook”;
2. In the Human Resources Office, City Hall, 410 9th Street; or
3. Phone (204) 729-2246 to have a copy mailed.
Candidates who do not currently hold valid CPAT certification or CFFM FPFE certification must register with the University of Manitoba to obtain the CFFM FPFE certification. Applicants are responsible for registering through the U of M. All costs with the CFFM FPFE certification are borne by the applicant. Detailed information regarding registering can be found in Appendix 4 in the Applicant Handbook.
The deadline to register for the physical assessment is end of day Sunday, May 28, 2023.
Apply online with a cover letter, resume, and all required documentation as per the Applicant Handbook at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/