Firefighter – Morinville – 2019
Morinville is a town located within the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. It is located approximately 34.3 kilometres (21.3 mi) north of the City of Edmonton along Highway 2.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to emergency incidents such as, but not limited to, structure fires, wild land/urban interface fires and motor vehicle collisions.
- Complete reports and other required documents after responding to emergency incidents.
- Maintain firefighting equipment and apparatus for all County fire departments.
- Participate in and promote fire prevention initiatives and public awareness programs.
- Initiate and instruct firefighter training.
- Provide support to County Fire departments during emergency responses as required and or directed by department Manager/Fire Chief.
- Conduct fire related inspections to ensure compliance with fire and other related codes, acts, bylaws, and regulations in accordance with the Joint Quality Management Plan.
- Complete required reports following the inspections.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- The incumbent may be assigned to an emergency role as part of the Incident Command structure, as required by the department Manager/Fire Chief or his designate.
- Participate as directed in Disaster Services programs in accordance with the Sturgeon County Municipal Emergency Management Plan.
- Attend training courses as directed by department Manager/Fire Chief or their designate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department Manager/Fire Chief or their designate.
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by certification in National Fire Protection Association 1001-Level 2, S-601 Basic Pump Operations or equivalent, 1051 Wildland, NFPA 472 Operations Level, Current First Aid /CPR/AED.
- A valid Class 3 drivers’ license with “Q” endorsement.
- A current clean driver’s abstract and a clear criminal records check.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a firefighter with a recognized emergency services (fire) organization.
- Must possess good working knowledge of fire prevention and fire smart principles.
- Possession of 1041-Instructional Methodology Level 1, Safety Codes Officer Basic (Group A),
- 1021-Level I, 1035 Public Educator or willingness to obtain along with significant leadership skills and current knowledge of Sturgeon County Emergency Services would be considered an asset.
A resume and cover letter, quoting the appropriate competition number, must be submitted by the competition deadline.
Sturgeon County Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
9613 100 Street
Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9
Thank you for your application. Please note, due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted directly