Firefighter – Langley – 2023
Langley City is recruiting for regular full-time Firefighters; an opportunity to join a progressive and innovative fire department.
- Firefighter Application Form
- Class 3 or 1 full-privilege driver’s license with air brake endorsement Personal Driving Record/ Abstract (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date of this competition. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record/Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Photos of your driver’s license and/or a Driver Factor report will not be accepted.
- No more than 6 points and no current suspensions or prohibitions from driving
- First Responder Level 3 with AED and Spinal Endorsements or Emergency Medical (EMR) Responder or Paramedic License (BLS or ALS)
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification that is valid within one year of this posting close date
NFPA 1001 Level 2 Certification is considered an asset. Full details of the position, requirements and how to apply can be found in these links: job description, Career Firefighters Application Manual and Application Form.
Applications must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line Firefighter Competition #23-34. All required documents outlined below must be in one attached document only. This one document must not exceed 20 MB and must be submitted in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, JPG or TIFF (ZIP, EXE and compressed files will not be accepted). Applications that do not include every requested document, are submitted with more than one email attachment and/or don’t quote the competition number and position in the email subject line will not be considered.