Airport Fire Fighter – Moose Jaw, SK – Fall 2020
Who We Are:
Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Frontier Spirit? If the answer is yes, you should probably work with us.
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients, allowing them to focus on their core business.
We are a service organization, based on good people who get the job done in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our team is constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. We provide the training and supervision required to deliver the best customer service to our clients, and to ensure the highest safety standards.
We value diversity and we’re committed to an inclusive, fair and respectful workplace, striving to create a work environment that allows for every employee to reach their full potential.
ATCO Frontec is part of ATCO Ltd. With approximately 6,000 employees and assets of $23 billion, ATCO is a diversified global holding corporation with investments in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution; natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development; energy storage and industrial water solutions; and electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Firefighter to join our NFTC project in Moose Jaw, SK. The Firefighter is responsible for responding as a member of the duty crew to all airfield emergencies during flying hours. The Firefighter will also participate in daily training and exercises, verify the operational readiness of the fire vehicle and on-board equipment and assist in the maintenance of an adequate inventory of firefighting consumable stores.
Where We Work and Live:
This position is located at 15 Wing in Moose Jaw, SK.
- Responds as a firefighter at airfield emergency situations
- Carries out daily vehicle and equipment checks and verifies personal protective equipment.
- Inspects, maintains and recharges hand held fire extinguishers of all classes.
- Ensures adequate numbers of charged breathing air cylinders are on hand;
- Conducts various building and fire inspections.
- Carries out monthly and annual inspections supported by required trades when necessary on various fire suppression systems.
- Assists in and maintains training and incident logs.
- Advises on Life Safety and National Building Code/National Fire Code aspects of proposed facility alterations when requested under.
- Ability to assist in briefing of subcontractors on fire and aerodrome safety.
- Participates in daily fitness training program, as authorized by the Fire Chief.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience as a firefighter in a similar environment is considered an asset.
- Fire Fighter Level l (NFPA 1001) is required
- Airport Fire Fighter (NFPA 1003) is required
- Fire Apparatus Driver Operator (NFPA 1002) is required
- Fire Inspector Level l (NFPA 1031) is considered an asset.
- Fire Officer Level I (NFPA 1021) is considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid is required
- The successful candidate will require WHMIS training, Lock-Out / Tag-Out Training, Radio Proficiency, and Ramp DDC
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver’s license
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test and medical test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.