Probationary Firefighter – Richmond Hill – 2021
Richmond Hill Fire and Emergency Services is developing a Candidate Pool to service its Fire Fighter hiring needs. If you meet the qualifications below, you are invited to submit your application online.
Upon successful completion of a recruit training program, the successful candidate(s) will work under the supervision of a Company Officer and perform the following duties: fire ground operations, technical rescue, hazardous materials, emergency medical care, public education/relations, communications, pre-incident planning, fire safety inspections, administrative duties, fire station maintenance, fire apparatus and equipment operation and maintenance.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be legally eligible to work in Canada
• Have a Grade 12 OSSD/OSSGD education diploma, or Ontario approved equivalent
• Possess NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter I and II certifications or grandfathering equivalent
• Provide proof of valid First Aid, CPR Level C from a recognized Organization/Provider
• Possess a valid unrestricted Ontario DZ Driver’s License
• Possess a satisfactory Ontario DZ Driver’s License Abstract, valid within 3 months
• Communicate clearly and effectively in English (verbally and written)
• Demonstrate the City’s corporate values of service, collaboration, care, and courage
• Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of an effective and professional team
• Possess the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently
• Have a strong work ethic and desire to serve the community.
• NFPA 1006, Standard for Technical Rescue Personnel
• NFPA 1035, Standard on Fire and Life Safety Educator
• NFPA 1031, Standard for Fire Inspector
• Completion of Primary Care Paramedic Program, or equivalent
• Completion of a post-secondary education degree or diploma in a related field
• Completion of a recognized trade certification
• Service in a paramilitary organization
• Considerable volunteer or career Fire Fighter work experience.
- Demonstrates personal leadership
- Builds people and culture
- Cultivates open communication
- Shapes the future
- Navigates and leads through complexity and change
Prior to hire, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of credentials as well as a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check, valid within 6 months of application deadline. Please see the Firefighter Information Guide for more details.