Probationary Firefighter – Richmond Hill – 2019
FireRecruitment.ca is Sponsored By
(Click image to view service.)
Our sponsors help pay for server costs, email services and help keep this a service free. If you find yourself needing this service, please help them help us. Thank you. – Steve
Would you like to become a sponsor? Contact us.
Richmond Hill Fire and Emergency Services is currently hiring for the position of Firefighter - Probationer. The application deadline is Friday, September 27.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada;
- Have a Grade 12 OSSD/OSSGD education diploma, or Ontario approved equivalent;
- Possess Pre-Service Firefighter education from an accredited community college, or NFPA 1001 Firefighter I and II certifications or grandfathering equivalent, or experience as a career or volunteer firefighter;
- Provide proof of valid First Aid, CPR and Defib certification from a recognized provider;
- Possess a valid unrestricted Ontario DZ Driver’s License;
- Possess a satisfactory Ontario DZ Driver’s License Abstract, valid within 3 months;
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English (verbally and written);
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of an effective and professional team;
- Possess the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently;
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to serve the community;
- Demonstrate the City's corporate values of Care, Collaboration, Courage and Service.
- Completion of Primary Care Paramedic Program, or equivalent;
- Recognized Emergency Medical Services training/education and/or work experience;
- Completion of a post-secondary education degree or diploma in a related field;
- Completion of a recognized trade certification;
- Service in a paramilitary organization;
- Recognized training in: hazardous materials, confined space, ice/water, rope, and trench rescue;
- Considerable volunteer or full time firefighter work experience.
All applicants must apply online using the City of Richmond Hill’s online applicant tracking system. Any submission in any other form will not be accepted.
Please complete your applications as follows:
- Scan all documents in black and white into one pdf file including your cover letter, resume and only the required qualifications as listed on the job posting.
Documents that must be submitted:
1. Proof of Grade 12 OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent education
2. Proof of a Valid Class D License with Z endorsement and a current Driver’s Abstract
3. Proof of current First-Aid, CPR and Defib Certification
Please note that your file must be less than 5 MB to be accepted.
There is no fee to apply online however; the fees for the required testing, which includes fitness, aptitude, practical and medical are at the expense of the applicant and paid at the time of the aptitude test. Candidates who attend the aptitude test but do not advance to stage 3, will not be refunded any portion of their initial fee.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Make This Recruitment Your Last! Here Are The Tools You Need…
Learning Center *NEW*
I have teamed up with the best training providers to bring you great firefighter training & courses. These providers will provide valuable insight, great tools and pad your resume!MORE INFO…
If you don’t think your resume stands out above the crowd, this is the service for you. We will make your resume shine above those of your competitors. Don’t let your dream job slide through your fingers because of a cookie cutter resume.MORE INFO…
Mock Interview Service
If you don’t feel prepared for your interview, we are here to help. Don’t just “wing” an interview, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to be prepared. We record, critique (twice) and save all mock interviews to ensure you are prepared come interview day.MORE INFO…
Firefighter Aptitude Test Preparation
I can’t repeat this enough. When it comes to landing your dream job, preparation is KEY! The best thing you can do to prepare is to constantly stay on top of your game and study frequently. Check this great service out and be ready for your next aptitude test.MORE INFO…