Emergency Response Maintainer – OPG – 2022
OPG is looking for dedicated, results driven and dynamic professionals to join our team in the role of Emergency Response Maintainers (Fire Fighters) located in Pickering, Ontario.
Reporting to the Shift Emergency Response Manager, you will be responsible for performing Emergency Response Maintainer duties to actual site medical and fire incidents in accordance with procedures, policies and regulations while working within the generating facility and properties, such as, first aid/medical situations, hazardous materials response, fire response, rescues and health & safety situations. Perform routine testing and maintenance activities for fire response tools and equipment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform emergency response to actual site incidents in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations. This would include but is not limited to incidents such as fire emergencies, first aid/medical situations, hazardous material, rescues and health and safety situations. Operate and maintain response equipment.
- Perform inspection, testing, operation and maintenance of emergency response equipment including but not limited to firefighting and Hazmat equipment, fire extinguishers, and fire-related station equipment and systems.
- Demonstrate the use of Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), as required.
- Process “hot work” activities, as recognized by the National Fire Code, transient combustible materials permits and fire related documentation.
- Act as a technical resource to other work groups on emergency response issues.
- Perform functions related to the work group, such as work group communications, procedure writing and assessing.
- Accountable for the health, safety and well-being of self and others, in accordance with technical/operating procedures and standards.
- Provide training and makes formal presentation for station non ERT and ERT staff in the use of emergency procedures and equipment such as, fire, hazardous materials and rescue.
- Continue and maintains training qualifications for the position.
- Shall maintain a level of physical fitness that is relevant to the type of work being performed, which involves successfully completing the Firefighter Fitness Assessment and maintain annual physical and medical incumbent testing as required by CSA-N293.
- Have minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent. Fire Fighter I & II Certified (please attach proof).
- Currently hold a valid Firefighter Medical and Physical Assessment (please attach proof).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License certification for “D” with “Z” endorsement (please attach proof).
- Valid certification for Standard First Aid and CPR (please attach proof).
- Strong communication skills. Concern for safety.
- Self-control. Relationship building. Self-confidence.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ and attach all your supporting documentation by 11:59 PM E.S.T., August 31, 2022. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.