Firefighter Recruitment 2017 – Pickering, ON
Hey guys! Pickering, ON is now accepting applications for the position of Probationary Firefighter. If interested, be sure to check out the details below:
Position Type: Full Time
- Successful completion of secondary school education
- A post secondary diploma in a Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training Programfrom a recognized College, or an acceptable combination of education, training andexperience.
- NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter Level I and Level II, IFSAC or Pro Board Certificate. (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
- Must possess current Standard First Aid and Basic Rescuer CPR-C Certificates. Proofof certifications must be provided at the time of interview. (Have a look at our learning center for training in your area.)
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class “D” licence with “Z” endorsement and be willing toprovide a driver’s abstract. A clean driving record is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and analyze potential risks quickly.
- Previous firefighting experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language withthe skills to deal with the public in a professional manner sometimes under stressfuland chaotic conditions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers and Windows basedcomputer applications.
- Ability to safely operate mechanical equipment including hydraulic, electrical, handequipment and tools an asset.
- Must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Reference check as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to work on rotating shifts; currently a 24 hour shift system which includesweekends and holidays.
- Must be medically and physically fit (as prescribed by OFAI standards) to performprolonged and/or dangerous work sometimes under adverse conditions and to meetthe agility requirements of the job and be willing to maintain this level.
- Qualified candidates must have successfully completed stages one,two, and three of Ontario Fire Administration Inc. Candidate Testing Program and hold a current and valid OFAI certificate for all three stages at the time of application. For more information, please visit www.ofai.ca. (All costs associated with the test are the responsibility of the applicant). (Have a look at our OFAI skills refresher course found in the learning center.)
Direct Link: FireFighter Recruitment - Pickering, ON 2017